There are some obvious advantages:
- It is now much easier to claim VAT (only if you purchased your animal in the EU and you want to export it to another country)
- invoice of the export is without VAT (only if you are selling your animal to a foreign country)
- you recive an export proof, thereby you will have legal security in this context
So what does the whole thing look like in practice?
- GRADLYN must establish clear evidence of its role as pet transporter
- GRADLYN requires a copy of the purchase contract, or an export invoice to cover each journey
- Please provide GRADLYN with your EORI number (European customs number). If you do not have one, GRADLYN will apply for one on your behalf, without charge
- GRADLYN uniquely requires an authorisation from the seller to apply for the EORI number. >>PDF form to print
- If the value per consignment is less than EUR 3,000 and no special authorisations are associated with your pet, then an immediate export declaration may be issued as a one-step process. >>more information...
- If the value per consignment is more than 3,000 Euro and/or special permits are required for your pet, then please allow at least four working days before your flight to complete the two-stage export declaration process. >>more information...
- For each shipment, GRADLYN will require a copy of the purchase agreement or an export invoice.
- Please provide GRADLYN with your EORI number (European customs number). If you do not have one, GRADLYN will apply for an EORI number (free of charge) on your behalf.